Architecture Incorporated, with offices in Sioux Falls and Rapid City, is the largest architectural/interior design firm in South Dakota. We are looking for an individual with a minimum of five years of commercial construction experience to join our team in Sioux Falls, SD as a Contract Administrator. If you have a positive attitude, are highly motivated with a customer centric mindset, and are willing to relocate to Sioux Falls, SD, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assists Project Architect in preparing specifications to complement construction documents for projects.
• Prepare general correspondence such as meeting minutes, respond to RFI’s, RFP’s, Field Reports and process Change Orders.
• Attend pre-bid and bid Lettings.
• Review and certify contractor’s application for payment, review material test reports.
• Review and discuss options and make recommendations to owners when changes are requested.
• Perform site visits, participate in construction progress meetings, and prepare reports for construction projects that are in progress.
• Provide substantial and final completion services.
The position requires someone who can effectively juggle a variety of diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and follow-up skills. It also requires an ability to collaborate in a team environment as well as work independently with minimal supervision. This individual must possess good interpersonal skills (listening, diplomacy, responsiveness) and should be able to communicate professionally with all levels of management when working with clients, contractors, and consultants. This individual must also possess the ability to use good judgment in resolving construction conflicts on behalf of the Firm. Must have the ability to manage construction quality based on knowledge of best practices. They must also be self-motivated and maintain strict confidentiality in all matters.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree from an accredited school in Construction Administration/Management or equivalent combination of education and commercial construction experience.
- 5+ years of experience in construction or construction-related field supervising commercial construction projects.
- Knowledge and proper application of building codes.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and diplomacy.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- CSI CDT and/or CCCA credentials a plus but not required.
BENEFITSArchitecture Incorporated offers health, dental, life, AD&D, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance, PTO, and holiday pay based on full or part-time status. We also offer our employees education reimbursement, paid parking, and SEP-IRA benefits.
Architecture Incorporated strives to employ excellent individuals and to provide our staff with a working atmosphere that encourages and recognizes personal growth, high achievement, and outstanding service to our clients.
WHY ARCHITECTURE INCORPORATED?
Architecture Incorporated strives to employ excellent individuals and to provide our staff with an environment that encourages and recognizes personal growth, high achievement, and outstanding service to our clients. We have repeatedly been recognized by Prairie Business Magazine as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the region. Our culture is inclusive and positive with ample opportunity to grow and develop your technical and interpersonal skills. We invest our time and resources to create an environment where staff can interact and collaborate in a meaningful and productive way.
Architecture Incorporated was founded in 1976 and over the years our reputation has grown in the region due to our ability to provide excellent services to our clients on budget and on time. Our portfolio of work is varied but is primarily comprised of education (both K-12 and higher education) and healthcare. From inception, the firm’s leadership has placed an emphasis on giving back to the community. This is done through sponsorships, charitable donations, volunteering, and serving on boards in organizations.
Architecture Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. We offer a fast-paced, challenging, and fun work environment. Wage DOQ.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to Lisa VandeVoort at email@example.com