Architecture Incorporated, with offices in Sioux Falls and Rapid City, is the largest architectural/interior design firm in South Dakota. Our team is growing, and we are looking for someone who is creative, has a passion for design and great work ethic to join our firm as an Interior Designer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Project Architect in determining project programming needs and developing creative interior conceptual designs.
- Develop and generate Revit drawings for interior elevations and interior design details.
- Assist with developing digital renderings of interior design options for clients.
- Develop conceptual plans for space utilization, perspectives, and furniture layout.
- Develop and write specifications for applicable interior elements for construction documents, including materials and color selections.
- Process requests for approvals from subcontractors; review contractor's requests during bidding and generate addenda items for accepted approvals from contractors for interior related items.
- Generate interior related requests for proposals to general contractors for any requested changes during construction.
- Develop and present material and color schemes as required.
- Work with electrical engineering consultants regarding lighting design and the electrical layout.
- Assist Project Architect in developing cost estimates for the interior design portion of a project.
- Review interior related shop drawings.
- Coordinate the completion of the interior design portion of a project as required.
- Meet with vendor representatives and maintain the materials library.
This position requires someone who can effectively juggle a variety of diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and follow-up skills. It also requires an ability to collaborate in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision. This individual must possess good interpersonal skills (listening, diplomacy, responsiveness) and should be able to communicate professionally with all levels of management when working with clients, contractors, and consultants. Must be able to develop construction documents using Revit for the interior design portion of a project. Must be willing to relocate to Rapid City, SD.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited school in Interior Design and training in the current version of Revit.
- Interior design experience working within an architectural firm on commercial and institutional projects preferred.
- NCIDQ certification and LEED GA or AP preferred.
- Experience using Revit to create construction documents of interior elements.
- Experience using SketchUp, Lumion, or similar rendering software.
Architecture Incorporated offers health, dental, life, AD&D, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance, PTO, and holiday pay. We also offer our employees education reimbursement, paid parking, and SEP-IRA benefits.
WHY ARCHITECTURE INCORPORATED?
Architecture Incorporated strives to employ excellent individuals and to provide our staff with an environment that encourages and recognizes personal growth, high achievement, and outstanding service to our clients. We have repeatedly been recognized by Prairie Business Magazine as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the region. Our culture is inclusive and positive with ample opportunity to grow and develop your technical and interpersonal skills. We encourage professional growth and lifelong learning for our employees and invest our time and resources to create an environment where staff can interact and collaborate in a meaningful way.
Architecture Incorporated was founded in 1976 and our reputation has grown in the region due to our ability to provide excellent services to our clients on budget and on time. Our portfolio of work is varied but is primarily comprised of education (both K-12 and higher education) and healthcare. From inception, the firm’s leadership has placed an emphasis on giving back to the community. This is done through sponsorships, charitable donations, volunteering, and serving on boards in organizations.
Architecture Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Wage DOQ.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to Lisa VandeVoort at firstname.lastname@example.org