Architectural InternCome join Architecture Incorporated this summer as an Architectural Intern at our Rapid City office. We are currently seeking an architectural student, at the junior or senior collegiate level who is creative, has a passion for design, and a great work ethic to join our firm this summer. The intern will be mentored and supervised while providing support for our design team.
This is a full-time, paid internship that will begin May 15, 2023, and end August 11, 2023, with available flexibility. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, ideally by March 31, 2023.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and portfolio to: LisaVandeVoort@Architectureinc.com.
This internship is designed to expose the student to different aspects of the design profession. Candidates
will be assigned a mentor and with supervision will be given opportunities to participate in the following
- Weekly shadowing opportunities to become familiar with the design process.
- Accompany Architect/Construction Administrator to multiple project construction sites at various stages of construction.
- Participate in meetings with clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Learn about code issues and solutions. Meet with City of Sioux Falls code officials.
- Will be assigned design tasks to develop skills and abilities in Revit and SketchUp/Enscape.
Ideal candidate should:
- Effectively juggle a variety of responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and follow-up skills.
- Collaborate efficiently in a team environment and work independently with supervision from our design staff.
- Possess great interpersonal skills (listening, diplomacy, responsiveness).
- Professionally communicate with the design team, clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have a professional work ethic.
- Be capable of independent thinking and possess creative abilities.
- Junior or Senior Architecture Student at an accredited institution
- Experience using Revit, SketchUp, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Bluebeam, Enscape, or similar rendering software
Why Architecture Incorporated?
Architecture Incorporated strives to employ excellent individuals and to provide our staff with an environment that encourages and recognizes personal growth, high achievement, and outstanding service to our clients. We have repeatedly been recognized by Prairie Business Magazine as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the region. We have also been recognized as an Emerging Professional Friendly Firm by the AIA North Central States Region. Our culture is inclusive and positive with ample opportunity to grow and develop your technical and interpersonal skills. We encourage professional growth and lifelong learning for our employees and invest our time and resources to create an environment where staff can interact and collaborate in a meaningful way.
Architecture Incorporated was founded in 1976 and our reputation has grown in the region due to our ability to provide excellent service to our clients on budget and on time. Our portfolio of work is varied but is primarily comprised of education (both K-12 and higher education) and healthcare. From inception, the firm’s leadership has placed an emphasis on giving back to the community. This is done through sponsorships, charitable donations, volunteering, and serving on boards in organizations.
Architecture Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Wage DOQ. Learn more by visiting our website, www.architectureinc.com.