Do you have a passion for architecture and want to make a difference through design? We are looking for someone with creativity and a great work ethic to join our team as a BIM Technician. This person will work independently and on project teams to model and develop documentation from Schematic Design through Construction Document phases. It is important that this candidate shares our firm’s mission of using the latest and greatest technology to most effectively serve our clients, demonstrating a willingness to learn new programs and techniques as applicable. We encourage professional growth and lifelong learning for our employees and welcome a candidate who is interested in taking on more responsibilities and leadership over time as their skill set expands.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to Lisa VandeVoort at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up/organize project files and drawing sheets of assigned architectural projects.
- Assist the Project Architect in drafting floor plans, exterior building elevations, sections, and details for construction documents.
- Coordinate project related drawing information with Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil Engineers.
- Identify and communicate problem areas to the Project Architect where conflicts in design arise.
- Generate complete and accurate construction documents that withhold the drafting design standards of Architecture Incorporated.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with limited supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage your time to meet deadlines.
- Professionally communicate with the design team, clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Ability to communicate well and coordinate with the entire project team, both internally and externally.
- Effectively juggle a variety of responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and follow-up skills.
- Collaborate efficiently in a team environment and work independently with supervision from our design staff.
- Be detail oriented, self-motivated, a team player, and have a professional work ethic.
- Associate degree or college degree in related architectural and construction technology program from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of building codes and their proper application.
- Technical knowledge of building construction practices.
- Must have advanced Revit architecture skills and experience.
- Related BIM software experience is helpful.
- Architecture Incorporated offers health, dental, life, AD&D, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance, PTO, and holiday pay. We also offer our employees education reimbursement, paid parking, and SEP-IRA benefits.
- Architecture Incorporated strives to employ excellent individuals and to provide our staff with a working atmosphere that encourages and recognizes personal growth, high achievement, and outstanding service to our clients.
Why Architecture Incorporated?
Architecture Incorporated strives to employ excellent individuals and to provide our staff with an environment that encourages and recognizes personal growth, high achievement, and outstanding service to our clients. We have been recognized by Prairie Business Magazine multiple years as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the region. We have also received the NCSR Emerging Professional Friendly Firm Award. Our culture is inclusive and positive with ample opportunity to grow and develop your technical and interpersonal skills. We invest our time and resources to create an environment where staff can interact and collaborate in a meaningful and productive way.
Architecture Incorporated was founded in 1976 and has grown to be the largest architectural firm in South Dakota with offices in both Sioux Falls and Rapid City. From its inception, the firm’s leadership has placed an emphasis on giving back to the community. This is done through sponsorships, charitable donations, volunteering, and serving on boards in organizations. Our portfolio of work is varied, but is primarily comprised of education (both K-12 and higher education) and healthcare.
Architecture Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Benefits include paid time off, holiday pay, health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and a SEP-IRA. We offer a fast-paced, challenging, and fun work environment. Wage DOQ.