Construction administrator Intern
Come join Architecture Incorporated this summer as a Construction Administrator Intern at our Sioux Falls office. We are currently seeking a construction management student, at the junior or senior collegiate level who is interested in gaining experience in construction management. The intern will be mentored and supervised by our Construction Administrator.
This is a full-time, paid internship that will begin May 15, 2023, and end August 11, 2023, with available flexibility. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, ideally by March 31, 2023.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and portfolio to: LisaVandeVoort@Architectureinc.com.
Interns will be given opportunities in the following areas to become familiar with the role a Construction Administrator plays within an architectural firm:
- Assist with preparation of Bid Documents, with emphasis on AIA Contract Documents & Forms.
- Attend project meetings and assist with preparation and distribution of written reports.
- Perform site visits and assist with preparation and distribution of written reports.
- Participate in Substantial Completion Reviews and assist with Substantial Completion Reports.
- Assist with reviewing monthly pay requests and evaluate project progress.
- Assist with preparing and processing Proposal Requests and Change Orders.
- Assist with reviewing and responding to Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Receive, analyze, and respond to informal questions that arise during construction.
Ideal candidate should:
- Effectively juggle a variety of responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and follow-up skills.
- Collaborate efficiently in a team environment and work independently with supervision from the Construction Administrator.
- Possess great interpersonal skills (listening, diplomacy, responsiveness).
- Professionally communicate with the design team, clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have a professional work ethic.
- Be capable of independent thinking and possess creative abilities.
- Junior or Senior Construction Management Student at an accredited institution
- Experience using Bluebeam, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
Why Architecture Incorporated?
Architecture Incorporated strives to employ excellent individuals and to provide our staff with an environment that encourages and recognizes personal growth, high achievement, and outstanding service to our clients. We have repeatedly been recognized by Prairie Business Magazine as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the region. We have also been recognized as an Emerging Professional Friendly Firm by the AIA North Central States Region. Our culture is inclusive and positive with ample opportunity to grow and develop your technical and interpersonal skills. We encourage professional growth and lifelong learning for our employees and invest our time and resources to create an environment where staff can interact and collaborate in a meaningful way.
Architecture Incorporated was founded in 1976 and our reputation has grown in the region due to our ability to provide excellent services to our clients on budget and on time. Our portfolio of work is varied but is primarily comprised of education (both K-12 and higher education) and healthcare. From inception, the firm’s leadership has placed an emphasis on giving back to the community. This is done through sponsorships, charitable donations, volunteering, and serving on boards in organizations.
Architecture Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Wage DOQ. Learn more by visiting our website, www.architectureinc.com.