Before joining Architecture Incorporated, Don Kirkegaard was involved in K-12 education for 41 years, serving a combined 26 years as the Superintendent for the Britton-Hecla School District and Meade School District. Now, he actively utilizes his extensive experience in the education field to help assist our firm with various educational projects. He reviews the education and demographic components of projects to make recommendations based on his findings, while working closely with the design team to ensure the spaces are set up for student and teacher success.
“We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Specialist Degree in Educational Administration and Leadership: School District Superintendent
- University of South Dakota
- Master of Science in Education in Leadership and Administration
- Northern State University
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Commercial Economics
- South Dakota State University
I enjoy fishing with family and friends.
JOINED THE FIRM